Wednesday 10 March 2010

Stuff Transformers 2 part 2

Ok, it's been a while since part 1 now so let's roll with this huh? Here are the new Autobots introduced in the film.

Jetfire











I did like this quirky character and hid decision to switch sides to the Autobots - which seems logical. He points out that always talking about destruction and death gets dull after a while, plus I'm starting to wonder why anyone would consider being a Decepticon when the Autobots always win with significantly smaller numbers - oh well, this guy was good and morphing with Optimus was great.

Sideswipe










A fairly minor character, but nonetheless a pretty cool one with his dual swords and quote of 'Damn, I'm good!' after finishing off a Decepticon. Seems like he was brought in to replace the equally flashy Jazz who died in the first movie. He didn't have an awful lot to do, but he certainly added more than just another generic robot to the team.

Skids and Mudflap











I liked these on first viewing, but they get tiring after a while. Their takedown of Devastator was quite amusing and to see them transform from the ice-cream truck into the new vehicles was great. I don't see what else you can do with them, but they were fun characters.

Arcee










I did like the motorbike triplets as they added a good amount of variety to the Autobot team. With a lot of the robots looking the same with slightly different colour schemes. it was good to have a vivid set of robots that were a different type and also a different gender to the rest of the crew - these really hooked me into the idea of the new Autobots and NEST.

Well I think that's it, apart from the little one that fancied Megan Fox, but I think he's just as well left alone.

Back soon folks!

No comments: